Professional 3D printing software
The FELIX 3 Series works with Simplify3D® Software, a powerful solution that allows for fast start-up and optimal 3D print quality, or Repetier-Host which is freely downloadable from our website. Whatever option you choose, each software solution works with all our FELIX 3D printers for MAC OS and MS Windows.
Simplify3D® is powerful 3D printing software that provides complete control over your print settings, making it easier to consistently produce high-quality 3D prints. It comes with pre-configured settings optimized for FELIXprinters, and allows you to review a simulation of your build sequence in the Preview Mode, and then begin your 3D print with confidence.
Steps to start a 3D print
Slice your 3D models in seconds, not minutes. Simplify3D® is the fastest slicer on the market, allowing you to quickly and easily perform multiple iterations in order to achieve the best quality.
- Slice complex prints in seconds.
- Preview your 3D part to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Tweak settings, slice, and repeat as many times as you need!
Support generation doesn’t get any easier than with Simplify3D®. Automatically generate support based on overhang angles, then add or remove supports as needed.
- Customize the placement, size, and angle of support material.
- Snap off supports easily without damaging your part.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds — sufficient support and cleaner surface finishes
Optimized Dual Extrusion
Create stunning dual-colour parts with Simplify3D’s® Dual Extrusion Wizard. Unique features prevent filament from oozing on your print, resulting in crisp, sharp definition between colours.
- Streamline the setup of dual-extrusion print jobs.
- Protect your part from blobs and defects using the Ooze Shield and Prime Pillar.
- Print the part in one material and the support structures in another, allowing you to use dissolvable filament.
Simplified Multi-Part Printing
Load up the build plate! Easily print multiple parts to save time and increase efficiency.
- Quickly manipulate where parts are placed to make the most of the build space.
- Control whether to print continuously layer-by-layer or sequentially.
- Change settings such as infill, support generation, layer height, and temperature for each part as needed.
Better 3D Printing Results
Stop wasting time, money, and filament on failed or imperfect prints. The highly detailed animated Preview Mode allows you to visualize every aspect of your print before sending a job to the printer.
- Achieve fine levels of quality with advanced print settings.
- Estimate print time, material quantity and cost before printing.
- Preview your print line-by-line or layer-by-layer.
The Simplify3D® software is an electronic download that is emailed following your purchase of your FELIX 3.1. The software is cross platform and can be installed on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux systems.
System Requirements: Intel Pentium 4 or higher processor, 2GB or more of RAM. Windows XP or greater, MAC OS X 10.6 or greater, Ubuntu Linux 12.10 or greater. OpenGL 2.0 capable system.