Felix 3 connected, but not connected.

starburstquicks

Felix 3 connected, but not connected.

Post by starburstquicks » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:04 am

As per the image below... my printer looks perfectly connected to repetier. I get no errors and I am able to get a reading on bed temp and on the hot end temp. However the second I go to control something (a motor, or fan or hot end) or start a print, nothing happens when I try to send a command to the printer. What do you think it could be? It was working a few weeks ago with this same software/firmware/hardware configuration.

So I have a circa 2014 Felix 3.0. I have the exact same drivers, firmware as I originally used and am using Repetier-Host Mac 1.2.0. I dusted off my printer a few weeks ago and had everything working with this configuration of software, firmware, hardware and drivers. I'm not 100% sure what happened in the last few weeks between that time and now. Perhaps my printer got bumped and a hardware issue occurred?

I have tried two different computers with the same software/drivers configuration. Both of the computers give me the same information (all signs are go! as per usual) - see screenshot. It senses the bed temp, the nozzle temp, it knows which firmware is installed (marlin) and everything. But when it comes to *controlling* the printer - nothing works. The fan does not turn on, the bed does not heat, the motors do not run. I thought perhaps the SD card was failing, so I've tried both with and without an SD card. Do you think I need to reevaluate the wiring? Where would I start?

See attached photo to see what my screen shows me. This is all green signs as per usual for my previous prints.
Screenshot 2020-06-21 17.00.34.png