Thank you, FelixPrinters

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

djgeenen

Thank you, FelixPrinters

Post by djgeenen » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:12 am

"FelixPrinters, thank you for a beautiful machine." I posted that six years ago in 2014 and I have to say it again. Early this year I upgraded my Felix3 to a Felix4 and once again I have a beautiful machine. The Felix3 printed reliably for six years but the DIY Felix4 upgrade and Simly3d software combination has taken me to a new level. The Felix4 is working beautifully. So thank you again FelixPrinters for your design expertise and upgrade strategy.

David Geenen
architect.
studio djgeenen
Sydney, Australia

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Mon May 25, 2020 5:06 am

Hi David,

Thanks for this positive feedback. Glad you like our machine!

vicoz2009

Post by vicoz2009 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:32 am

Hi David,

I wholeheartedly agree with your comment. I bought my printer from a fellow somewhere in Sydney, it was version 3. I later upgraded through to tec4.1 and amazed how the same printer is became a different beast with features that makes printing even much easier (bump mapping, semi-auto bed levelling, removable magnetic plate). Although my journey with the upgrade was very rocky - short of stopping from throwing my printer out the window, I am glad i stuck with it because this thing is so well made and precise. (Note, the rocky journey was not the fault of Felix - I was on a work trip at the US and ordered my upgrade 3.1 parts from a local supplier there, where the issue of receiving my parts very troublesome - anyway Guillaume came to the rescue)

Glad to hear from a fellow Sydney sider, I've been trying to get Taulman Bridge nylon to print and happy to share my findings here when i do. I have stopped short of buying Simplify3D, it would help me a lot if you can tell me if there is a preset for Tec4, and nylon (taulman bridge even). If so I might actually get it.

Hi Guillaume,
Many thanks too for a piece of engineering art, this thing is very reliable and accurate from day 1 that I had it. Keep up the good work and stay safe.

Cheers
Vic
Sydney, AUS