Cura Profile/config available for Felix Pro2?

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
tuxophil

Cura Profile/config available for Felix Pro2?

Post by tuxophil » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi,
I'd like to try the Cura slicer to generate gcode for my Felix Pro2. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the relevant settings in order to configure the printer in Cura (especially the "Machine Settings").

Does anybody have settings that I could try? (including the "Start Gcode" / "End Gcode" sections which are quite cryptic)
Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated! (The Cura I'd like to use is 2.4.0 installed on Ubuntu 16.04 through a PPA)

Edit: I'm also wondering how similar the different Felix printer lines (Pro/non-Pro) are in terms of necessary start/end gcode.

Here's a screenshot (not mine) of the settings dialog:

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi,
For cura slicer settings, please install repetier-host for felixprinters. You can download it here.

This contains slic3R and cura as slicing options. Configured for the 3.x and pro series.
http://www.felixprinters.com/downloads/ ... etier_Host

tuxophil

Post by tuxophil » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 am

Hi,
Sorry for the (very) late reply.

Thanks for pointing out the Felix-provided repetier-host. As far as I can see this customized(?) build is not available for Linux?

I'm asking about the Cura profiles because on your download page there are CuraEngine/Repetier-Host profiles for Felix 3 and 3L but not for Pro1/2. (I'll try extracting them from the Windows build.)

Please don't get me wrong: the print quality is truly excellent, so I'm a very happy user!
(For now I'll stick to Simplify3D but I'd like to explore other options, particularly open-source Linux solutions. I'll also try the slic3r profiles you're providing. Thanks for those!)