Felix 3L Manual? + a couple of issues.

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

Riverghost

Felix 3L Manual? + a couple of issues.

Post by Riverghost » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi Guys,

So ive had my felix 3L for a couple of months now and was initially printing great! However, i seem to have two problems that have developed. When printing i will now get with irregular extrusion, which i have put down to a hotend block/filament jamming, that occurs for just a layer or two, and then goes back to normal, but is enough to ruin a print.

The second issue is with the level of the bed. There is a clear 'gap' between the heatbed and the hotend when looking at the left (cantilevered) side vs the right.

What i would really love is a Felix 3L Manual. Originally i had assumed the 3L was simply a standard 3.1 with enlarged Z axis, but i can now see that it is fundamentally different in a number of ways, one of which is there are no adjustment screws under the heatbed for levelling.

Final question for other Felix users - when your printer extrudes the initial 'line' at the back of the heatbed prior to beginning a print, does it click on extrusion? For me, from day one, my printer would click for the first 25mm or so, produce a smooth uniform extrusion for the next 150mm, then would click again through the last 25-50mm . i assumed this was because there was a slight concave dip to the bed, but wondering if it was perhaps a sign of a deeper issue?

Many thanks guys, look forward to seeing your replies :) When it works, this 3L is a beast, and i want to get it back up and running happy!

Riverghost

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Riverghost,

Are you up and running again, with the replacement parts?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

alex

Post by alex » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 am

Final question for other Felix users - when your printer extrudes the initial 'line' at the back of the heatbed prior to beginning a print, does it click on extrusion? For me, from day one, my printer would click for the first 25mm or so, produce a smooth uniform extrusion for the next 150mm, then would click again through the last 25-50mm . i assumed this was because there was a slight concave dip to the bed, but wondering if it was perhaps a sign of a deeper issue?
I have two beds and they do the same thing. My prints seem fine (although I occasionally experience the same extrusion problems as in your picture) I thought this was normal and due to the high volume of filament the extruder is putting out during the purging process.

My concern with running like this has always been throwing off the calibration and/or breaking the magnetically coupled extruder position since the sensor is quite sensitive!

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi Alex, what kind of printer do you have? A pro 1 or pro 2?

Riverghost

Post by Riverghost » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:36 pm

gfeliksdal wrote:Hi Riverghost,

Are you up and running again, with the replacement parts?

Kind regards,

Guillaume
Hi,

New Bed and Hotend tip seems to have made the world of difference, but now i have a different issue! I've noticed that i am getting some plastic oozing out from where the hot end tip meets the metal block - almost like there is too much molten plastic pressure and its finding its way out through any orifice possible!

I reckon this is because the hotend wasn't heated to its full operating temp when i screwed it in, so will carefully heat it up to 200c, and tighten as hard as possible. will let you know if this rectifies the issue.

alex

Post by alex » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:10 am

gfeliksdal wrote:Hi Alex, what kind of printer do you have? A pro 1 or pro 2?
pro 2 touch, from japan

Hardy123

Post by Hardy123 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:32 pm

'Yes Right but Not solution for old Felix 1 or 2 User only way pay for a Upgrade . :-(

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:00 am

Hi Hardy123, what is the issue you are experiencing?