changing the position of the heated bed at the end of a print

printyant

changing the position of the heated bed at the end of a print

Post by printyant » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:42 pm

My printer (Felix 3 DIY) works fine. At the end of a print the bed returns to the XY position of the start.
That is that the bed goes to the front.
I wonder if I could change this position. I want the heated bed in the middle at the end of a print. (Y position-half way to the front).
Can I change this in the Gcode, or must it be done in the printer code?
P.S. I work with the printer in stand alone with micro SD cards put into it.

Has anybody an idea how to manage this?

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi Printyant,

Can be easily changed in the G-Code manually or alternatively automatically when you generate print paths in the software... What software are you using? In most slicing software you can define optimal defaults for offsets, park positions, etc, avoiding errors.

Cheers,
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

printyant

Post by printyant » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks for the answer. I'am using Repetier Host for Felix Printers V1.6.2
Can I change the end position in the centre of the table, so that it is in every Gcode that I make with this?

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:36 am

Although you have not specified your slicer (just your host), they are all fairly generic in terms of settings.

For example assuming you are using Slic3r you would go to your printer settings (see attached images) and amend the default G-code line with your new preferred position. Note this command is directly followed with the M84 (disable motors) so effectively this will be your final destination point within the program.
home.jpg
new_home.jpg
Similarly if using Kisslicer (which is my default) you can edit the 'postfix' section accordingly.
kisslicer_new_home.jpg
Cheers,

Marc
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

printyant

Post by printyant » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Thank you Marc.
With your suggestions I managed te change the G code. So now at the end, the bed stays in the middle.