Extruder carriage design for E3D Bowden Hot end V6

This is the place to show off your felix printer hacks and improvements.
alanh

Re: Extruder carriage design for E3D Bowden Hot end V6

Post by alanh » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:31 pm

I've got a print job going now, and it's working.

The problem seems to happen when I use manual control in repetier and it feeds filament then. Not sure what's different. Maybe the manual control is too quick ?

satoer

Post by satoer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm retrying your hot end mount with a new V6 now, but it seems I'm getting backpressure and the plastic bowden fitting on the lock/release mechanism pops out.
There’s no thread printed inside the hole. Just use a small hot knife and melt the plastic inside the bowden fitting hole a bit. And screw in the fitting just before the plastic hardens completely. (or use glue) Have you adjusted the firmware with the new thermistor settings? I think the hot-end (real temperature) is still too cold. Just try increasing the temperature and see what's happening. As long there's no smoke coming from the PLA it's not burning.
My Felix 1.5 printed designs on Thingiverse
E3D V6 Hot end upgrade for your Felix
Tweezer bracket for your Felix
Led bar upgrade for your Felix

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:28 am

Hi Satoer,

Great design an upgrade. I have only 1 issue what I can not figure out.
I change the temp settings in Arduino but I need to get the temp up to 270 degrees to print the PLA. what did I wrong?
Do you have any advice?
Cheers Ramon

eturner

Post by eturner » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:48 am

I'm sure this is a stupid question but can't find an answer anywhere. Do you purchase the 12 or 24v hot end?

Sander_Felix

Post by Sander_Felix » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:46 am

eturner wrote:I'm sure this is a stupid question but can't find an answer anywhere. Do you purchase the 12 or 24v hot end?
Like Sven wrote in the other topic (http://www.felixprinters.com/forum/view ... ?f=9&t=618):
The Felix version 1.0 untill version 3.1 runs on 12V.

PacNWFelixFan

Post by PacNWFelixFan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:27 pm

Great design Satoer! Finally got around to upgrading to E3D v6 using Satoer's design (and mod from Imbcruz https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1806741). Also added Bondtech BMG for bowden feed using Capricorn tubing. I tapped Bontech bowden fitting and switched to spring release fitting. Added magnetic spring metal bed with Gizmodork PEI (McMaster-Carr for ceramic magnetic bed and spring steel). All for under $200. Prints are fast, no jams, prints look great, easy, easy release of materials now too.