Pro 1 discussion

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

venkel

Re: Pro 1 discussion

Post by venkel » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Looks like a slicing problem to me. Which program do you use? Are there more objects in the same print? How many contours? Do you print infill first or contour first? How much overlap between infill and contour?

danielkschneider

Post by danielkschneider » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:25 pm

jostrm wrote:I use the FelixBuilder software and there is only this object on the base.
I used the standard settings for PLA, single_head_normal_detail, with 3 contours and which do the infill first before creating the contours, and the support by using the same material.
I also think that this is a slicing problem (but I am not an expert)

Since you use FelixBuilder and since your "noses" are not the result of jump to another object, try to make the Contour Overlap a bit negative

Edit Profiles -> Build Strategy -> Select your strategry -> Contours.

Unless I am blind (and unfortunately that happens often) I don't think that FelixBuilder allows to parametrize infill and contour overlap. The only thing one can do (and which I do) is to set spacing between the contour lines (I use 95%, which means tighter)

I always use contour before infill (default is the opposite) and most often use 4 walls for the contour.

I don't know, but not enough retraction could also be a cause. Retraction is defined in the Materials section. Finally I noticed differences between the same kind of plastic. E.g. PLA with lots of pigments doesn't print as nicely as "traditional" somewhat transparent one.

- greetings ! Daniel

venkel

Post by venkel » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:03 pm

@jorstrm can you post the g-code? In Simpify3D I can load it and check what's going on.

Jünni

Post by Jünni » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:33 pm

[URL=http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 856391.jpg]
mein erster felix pro 1 druck :o