difficulties ... very first print to get work !

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
artohautala

difficulties ... very first print to get work !

Post by artohautala » Thu May 29, 2014 12:40 pm

Hello all :D

I'm trying to get my very first 3-D print to work but no success...

I loaded yesterday that very first try following instruction manual pdf- file (test file _40x10.stl 85.1 KB) and I tried to print it out but there was only mesh of thin plastic wire .. no good :| Seems to me while printing layers they where much too far eachother and outgoing filament did not touch upper layers at all ... yesterday there was maybe G-code ok and units where mm in very first of G-code editor window ...

Ok I tried today again to print again test file _40x10.stl and felix logo ... but there was G-code window empty touch there was object placement OK...

So I removed and assembled that Repetier-Host again ... didn't help ...

pls help me if You wish :roll:

all the best

arto hautala
finland

Legion 2.3

Post by Legion 2.3 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:51 pm

It would help if you post some pictures of your print.

Maybe you have a problem with your extruder, so there´s not enough filament going through. When you extrude it manually, there should extrude a nice stream of filament. Play with the filament tension, maybe you need a bit more. You shouldn´t be able to stop the filament while it´s feeding without much effort. If you have too much tension, the filament gets squeezed and you get more friction in the hot-end.

Another problem you COULD have (i had it recently) is a problem with your Z-axis. (This problem seems to be rare, so i don´t think you have it). You can identify it when you drive your Z-axis to Z=0 after a print using Repetier Host (don´t home it). If there is a larger distance between the bed an the nozzle than before, your Z-axis is probably loosing steps. It looks like this: http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=924

Regards

Legion 2.3

artohautala

Post by artohautala » Thu May 29, 2014 2:16 pm

OK, thks for your good advices..

but the main problem is that there is no G-code in G-code editor
sometimes there is and sometimes not ... and I think there must be G-code in G-code edit window
and if there is no code sure nothing happens ...
I have tried all many ways... but no success...

<Maybe you have a problem with your extruder, so there´s not enough filament going through. When you extrude it manually, there should extrude a nice stream of filament. Play with the >

I think that's OK in my case... I tested it it's OK...

<Another problem you COULD have (i had it recently) is a problem with your Z-axis. (This problem seems to be rare, so i don´t think you have it). You can identify it when you drive your Z-axis to Z=0 after a print using Repetier Host (don´t home it). If there is a larger distance between the bed an the nozzle than before, your Z-axis is probably loosing steps. It looks like this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=924>

this seems to be OK ...

I have 64 bit win7 operating system and felix version 3.0 with dual extruder...
Maybe that software python do not work properly... Ireally don't know

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Thu May 29, 2014 3:55 pm

What happens when you start the slicer? What do the slicer messages in the log window say?
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

jakson22

Post by jakson22 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:06 am

Maybe you have a problem with your extruder, so there´s not enough filament going through. When you extrude it manually, there should extrude a nice stream of filament. Play with the filament tension, maybe you need a bit more. You shouldn´t be able to stop the filament while it´s feeding without much effort. If you have too much tension, the filament gets squeezed and you get more friction in the hot-end.
asad

viljmak

Post by viljmak » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi artohautala !

I have similar working system as you have in Tampere - Finland. If you still have problems and not live very far maybe we could do some cross checking between computers and printers. If interested mail to viljmak52@gmail.com.