I just scaled it down by half when I printed
Stephen...

Felix 2.0 -> Felix 3.0 dual
Simplify3D Slicer, Kisslicer
Have you added your Felix to the Map? http://goo.gl/maps/HajnZ

http://blog.strobotics.com.au

chrisblanchard

Post by chrisblanchard » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Just messed with the Simplify software briefly but could not get the thin wall STL that comes from Felix to slice. You guys have any problems slicing thin wall objects with Simplify?

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:24 pm

chrisblanchard wrote:Just messed with the Simplify software briefly but could not get the thin wall STL that comes from Felix to slice. You guys have any problems slicing thin wall objects with Simplify?
I could slice the _40x10 test, but what a surprise when I printed it. Each layer was printed twice, first clockwise, then counter-clockwise along the same path - like a long wipe but with extrusion. Of course, the wall turned out to be double as thick and had a very ugly surface. Quite impressive actually that the extruder continued working.
So far, I am not convinced of the Simplify software. I was actually hoping that Simplify would generate better support structures for curved surfaces as compared to KISSlicer. But I didn't get any useful support structures from Simplify. Along some sections, the support structure nicely followed the curved perimeter, but here and there, without obvious reason, the support structure would "pull away" from the perimeter so that there would be no support at all for the next layers. Unusable. Disappointing.
Well, my own fault. They probably do not provide a trial version for a reason, so I should have been warned.
And as far as the really nice print results go, it seems rather difficult to have a fair comparison between slicers - so many parameters which need to be optimized.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

viina

Post by viina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi!
Jann from Simplify3D sent me Felix 3.0 PLA profile.
Its here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/124 ... x3_PLA.fff
Slices good. My problem is that filament is not coming out from nozzle. When I try with Repetier everything is OK. Any ideas guys? Please try it and comment
Thanks!!

viina

Post by viina » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 pm

One more thing Please lower the extrusion width from .4 to .3 and the model slices perfectly...

Bachgassenbande

Post by Bachgassenbande » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:30 am

viina wrote:Hi!
Jann from Simplify3D sent me Felix 3.0 PLA profile.
Thanks!!
Thx for sharing
Felix 2.0
E3D Kraken Hotend
3mm Glas bed
LED light bar upgrade

Surfer

Post by Surfer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:04 am

I have used it for a few days now and it works fine for me. Easy to install and a very good finish.
Also the options are quit easy to use. The only issue I have now is that I wanted to use my second extrudor but it is not lined out. Someone knows how to install this ?

viljmak

Post by viljmak » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:58 pm

You have to update printer firmware for dual extruder version. Seems that the printers are delivered always with single head firmware. From internet you can find instructions how to update. I updated my printer some days ago but don't remember place from where to find instructions.