Latest Software/firmware for Felix 1.0

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Latest Software/firmware for Felix 1.0

Post by gfeliksdal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 pm

This topic shows latest working software and firmware releases for Felix 1.0
(Newest versions are listed first)

NEW!! RepetierHost v0.83:(Windows program to control printer and slice cad-files)
2013-01-28_102659.png
repetier_host_0.83_screenshot
Together with the developer of RepetierHost, we adjusted the latest repetierhost version for your convenience. It basically now is just install and print right away.
Benefits:
- No more moving around slicing profiles, now more setting the configurations
- Automatically installs with the correct Felixprinter settings
- Automatically checks for latest updates, so always be insured of latest version.

Note: It installs next to the regular repetierhost installation as if it is a different program. So no, interference with your already tweaked profiles/settings. But backup
get it here:

http://www.felixprinters.com/downloads

RepetierHost v0.7c:(Windows program to control printer and slice cad-files)
  • repetier_host_0_7_c_screenshot.png
    Repetier host 0.7C screenshot
  • This is a big update compared to previous version.
    - All in one package, seperately installing python is not necessary any more.
    - Better integration with slicing and choosing different profiles
    - Interface is made nicer
    - Compared to the standard distribution of repetierhost this contains preconfigured slicing profiles for sfact/skeinforge specifically created for the felix printer.
RepetierHost v0.5: (Windows program to control printer and slice cad-files)
  • repetier_host_screenshot.png
    repetier_host_screenshot.png
Pronterface/SFACT: (Windows program to control printer and slice cad-files)
  • pronterface_screenshot.png
    pronterface_screenshot.png
Firmware: (software for the electronics of the printer)

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Thu May 24, 2012 2:50 am

Uploaded new repetier host software. This is an alternative to pronterface. It has a very userfriendly and advanced interface. It is the standard software I currently use. I've also uploaded the latest version of pronterface. It has some slight interface changes.

For both uploaded software packages I've added skeinforge printer settings profiles, which makes it easier to start printing for new users.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Added latest marlin firmware for Felix 1.0 revision D. It has a lot of tweaks under the hood, but the main benefits noticable for this printer are:
- Better compatibilty with Repetier host
- More stability

mcole254

Post by mcole254 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

I am having some issues with both programs.
With Printrun, the program cannot open any files other than the calibration (40X10.STL) any others I get to following in the console:

Code: Select all

Slicing X:\Users\Matt\Printrun_Felix_2012_05_23\skeinforge\calibration\pencildome.stl
Slicing:  Slic3r/slic3r.exe $s --load Slic3r/config.ini --output $o
Failed to execute slicing software: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pronterface.py", line 1354, in skein_func
  File "subprocess.pyc", line 623, in __init__
  File "subprocess.pyc", line 833, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Using Repetier-Host, I can connect the printer, however non of the commands are being sent to it (says # commands waiting at the bottom of the screen). I have tried transfer protocol set to both ASCII and autodetect, both yield the same result.

Help would be much appreciated.

To clarify I'm running Win & x64, Python 2.7.3 is installed as well as .NET 3.5. Using latest version of printrun and the firmware (I've also tried the RC2 firmware as well).

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Repetier host:
Did you install the latest firmware I uploaded 2 hours ago? This should resolve the non connecting issue with repetier-host. Otherwise a quick fix which helped me was after pressing the connect button on the screen, than press the reset button on the electronics board twice. This will remove the # commands waiting.

Printrun:
Are you deliberately using the slic3r slicing program? It seems like it cannot find the slic3r program inside the pronterface directory. When you downloaded the zipfile above as is, the following should pop up when pressing setting->options you would get the following screen.
2012-06-07_234207.png
Do these settings match?

To also make slic3r to work you have make sure the slic3r folder is in the installation folder of pronterface. Than place the following commands according to the picture below. That should do the trick.
2012-06-08_004258.png
The optimal settings for slic3r I don't know, as i haven't used it too much.

mcole254

Post by mcole254 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:18 am

Thank you that helped.

Kjetilei

Post by Kjetilei » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:51 pm

The update made Repetier on Mac able to connect with the printer and I can now use the Mac as well as the PC for print jobs. Thanks!

But it seems like the z-opto switch is not respected anymore!?! It dims but the stepper does not stop! As a consequence I had a serious crash between the hot end and bed. Both on Printerrun on the PC and Repetier on Mac.

As a remedy I used the "Set the Home" function in Repetier but unfortunately a little bit to low resulting in problems with the first layer adhesion and I can not figure out how to reset the Home-setting :oops: Time to search the net...

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Kjetilei wrote:But it seems like the z-opto switch is not respected anymore!?! It dims but the stepper does not stop! As a consequence I had a serious crash between the hot end and bed. Both on Printerrun on the PC and Repetier on Mac.
I've noticed this too. When pressing the home button it sees the opto sensor. But when just moving the z-axis it ignores the opto switch. Will look into this. I hope your hot-end is still ok?
Kjetilei wrote:As a remedy I used the "Set the Home" function in Repetier but unfortunately a little bit to low resulting in problems with the first layer adhesion and I can not figure out how to reset the Home-setting :oops: Time to search the net...
Where did you find this? I cannot see it anywhere...

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm

I've uploaded new Firmware. I looked into the code and compared it to the latest available. I've seen that some things were not present. The bypassing error of the home-sensor is now fixed.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Added an update of the firmware. The error wasn't fully fixed, only the software limits were checked after homing. This worked fine in Repetier host, but not in pronterface. Now the harware limit switch is enabled at all times.