Felix Dual to Single, Firmware problems

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Bobbystone

Felix Dual to Single, Firmware problems

Post by Bobbystone » Fri May 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Hello all. Im rebuilding my Felix3.0 Dual printer and converting it to a single extruder with an E3D hotend. I can not get the firmware to compile without errors. I've tried V91 and V92 Single extruder Firmware updates and get errors on both. The only one I can successfully upload is the v92 DUAL extruder firmware, for some reason. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Bobby

Bobbystone

Post by Bobbystone » Fri May 13, 2016 7:14 pm

See above.

This is one of the errors I'm getting:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

ui.cpp: In member function 'bool<anonymous struct>::showEntry() const':
ui.cpp:120: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
f = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&filter);
^
ui.cpp:120: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
ui.cpp:120: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
f = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&filter);
^
ui.cpp:120: error: expected ')' before 'const'
ui.cpp:123: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
f2 = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&nofilter);
^
ui.cpp:123: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
ui.cpp:123: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
f2 = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&nofilter);
^
ui.cpp:123: error: expected ')' before 'const'
ui.cpp: In member function 'void UIDisplay::nextPreviousAction(int8_t)':
ui.cpp:1983: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
uint8_t mtype = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&(men->menuType));
^
ui.cpp:1983: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
ui.cpp:1983: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
uint8_t mtype = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&(men->menuType));
^
ui.cpp:1983: error: expected ')' before 'const'
ui.cpp:1987: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
uint8_t entType = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&(ent->menuType));// 0 = Info, 1 = Headline, 2 = submenu ref, 3 = direct action command
^
ui.cpp:1987: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
ui.cpp:1987: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
uint8_t entType = HAL::readFlashByte((const prog_char*)&(ent->menuType));// 0 = Info, 1 = Headline, 2 = submenu ref, 3 = direct action command
^
ui.cpp:1987: error: expected ')' before 'const'
ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Sat May 14, 2016 9:40 am

I guess using an older Arduino IDE would "solve" the problem. I still use the Arduino 1.0.5 IDE, but the Repetier version I am using is also pretty old (0.92 of 12/2014).
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design