FelixBuilder Software

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
kerog

FelixBuilder Software

Post by kerog » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:41 am

Has anyone tried it out? Impressions?

Peach3D

Post by Peach3D » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:03 am

Testing it at the moment. The first bit was searching where what was, and getting the names for some commands clear. Been using Simplify3d for almost 1,5 year now, and must say now that I found where everything is I like this FelixBuilder very much. Slicing is real fast, and the prints come out awesome with a real nice finish.

Need to change the start-up GCode back to my old Simplify3d start-up so the hot-end gets primed first cause this startup now almost never gets the prime pillar (standard option that's on for both single and dual felix printers) to stick real good to the bed cause the hot-end dripped empty at startup.

The only thing I'm missing is the ''sliced parts preview'' that Simplify3d gives you after slicing so that you can self check the gcode, and when your not printing with the printer connected to the PC and upload the gcode directly on the SD-Card you won't see the estimated printing time and filament usage. Maybe this is up to me because I don't completely know the program, but if it's in there it is hidden pretty well haha. Also the calculated volume could be a nice feature if your calculating prices for customers without using 3DHubs.

Besides those few things I'm almost there to say simplify3d goodbye, the last few updates they made are very buggy and the sizing of parts that need to fit are way off for some kind of strange reason. This FelixBuilder was almost spot on sizing from print 1 without tweaking so I must say the team did a pretty awesome job with this piece of software.