Cura for Mac?

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
kerog

Cura for Mac?

Post by kerog » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:43 am

I downloaded the latest version of Cura for the Mac, but the Felix is not one of its listed printers. Does anyone know how to install Cura on the Mac?

markchagers

Post by markchagers » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:07 pm

I was also very surprised to find that the cura engine is not available in the Mac version of Repetier-host contrary to what is stated in the user manual. Where can I get the Cura engine and how do I set up Repetier host to use it?

kerog

Post by kerog » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:50 pm

Well, you can get Cura for the mac on Ultimaker's web site. You could run it stand-alone copying the settings from the PC version distributed with Rep-Host on the felix web site. I was just too lazy to go through the steps. I have Slic3r, SFACT, and KISSlicer to choose from without Cura, so it hasn't been a huge priority for me. I'm just curious about the differences. If I get around to it, I'll post the files here. I don't know how you go about adding it to Rep-Host, though.

markchagers

Post by markchagers » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:55 am

I downloaded the Cura software (the application).
I was able to connect to the printer (felixprinter 3.0) from Cura
I had to define a custom printer first, for which I copied the settings from the Felix manual and the default settings in Rep-host.
It looks like a nice program with a friendly interface. However when I tried to print something, I was unable to feed the filament into the hot end like you do before starting a print in Rep-host. So I gave up on Cura for now, and went back to Rep-host.