updating firmware

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
frankjoke

Re: updating firmware

Post by frankjoke » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:25 pm

From my side the firmware was directly from Felix-download: http://shop.felixprinters.com/downloads ... rusion.zip

I also compiled with Arduino 1.5.5 and printer is not working when it is installed (crazy moves on wrong speeds).

I have an Felix 3.0 and used the Arduino Mega 2560 settings as described in manual.

stillcool40

Post by stillcool40 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:29 am

The firmware is from the downloads area and unaltered. The board is a felix and is not fitted with the display module.

Makron

Post by Makron » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:45 am

Then i dont know what it is

frankjoke

Post by frankjoke » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:22 pm

The firmware I used was directly from Felix download:
http://shop.felixprinters.com/downloads ... rusion.zip

As board I use Arduino Mega 2560 as described by Felix (it is a Felix 3.0 Dual printer...).

p.s.: One strange thing: If I look in configuration.h it says that this file is optimized for v0.91 even if it is from 0.92! Version control is not very efficient @repetier (or Felix)!

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Could it be that the EEPROM data needs to be properly reset? If the EEPROM_MODE value is the same as with the old version, the EEPROM data section is not reset with the defaults. This could be a problem if the data structure has changed in the new version (see also The EEPROM trap). Maybe run the M502 command in Repetier host to re-initialize the EEPROM.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

stillcool40

Post by stillcool40 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:07 am

I think I will stay with my existing firmware, and I STRONGLY recommennd anyone else without a geek brain to do the same.

I dont want my printer turned into a paperweight.

it's actually rediculous that this is happening while following Felix supplied instructions and using Felix supplied files! totally unprofessional.

frankjoke

Post by frankjoke » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:14 am

Ok, thanks for the hint but unluckily it did not help.
I at least separated one problem: The compilation error of 0.92 is related to Arduino beta 1.5.8. I downgraded to 1.5.5 (luckily found old download) and 0.92 compiles on it without errors.

I also checked that both EEPROM values are different and they are (0.92 has '2' and 0.91 has '10').
I also checked to use M502 but it did not help as well.
Printer still looses control after a view moves. First moves work mostly, If I use Repetier in manual mode I can move around but sometimes it get's even stuck after a home command or a retract as well.

So V0.92 does not work for me at all.
Downgraded to v0.91 to enable printing again.

I made a video what happens with the printer when I use v0.92 on a print which I did sucessfully before with V0.91 (just don't care that there is no filament in).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc4wq56babsum ... 0.mp4?dl=0

What you cannot see on video is that printing stops after some seconds completely and printer gets stuck and needs a reset. Als Repetirt host needs to be restarted.

It seems that printer overwrites some setting in between because when I reboot printer it works for the first moves and moves are on the speed you want them to use, but after a short while moves become jumps and it's like printer want to move in light speed from one to other point.

Would love to hear if anybody else has a similar problem with 0.92.

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 am

Hi All,

Not entirely sure why you guys are using any of the 1.5.# Arduino releases since all 1.5.# are beta only? If current betas are anything like the earlier release of 1.5 you may find libraries and features (or both) are incomplete.

For the record I have uploaded the 0.92 Firmware using 1.0.5 Arduino, and had no issues uploading the sketch, and to date have had no issues with printer functionality/performance.

In the coming weeks I plan to upgrade to 1.0.6 Arduino.

The only software I have downgraded recently was the Repetier-Host, which I have dropped back down to V0.90C because I find for my purposes the new interface is somewhat inhibitive and offers less control.

Cheers,

Marc
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:18 am

Hi All,

I stand corrected in that I have struck what appears to be a bug with 0.92 Firmware.

It looks to be related to flow rate calculation errors in the firmware because when reducing flow via the manual control panel of the Repetier-Host by one or two percent (setting at 99~98%) the stepper motors start missing steps (in a big way), and then freezes up the printer all together.

Dreide discussed similar issues earlier this year, but I am not aware of any resolution for his post.

http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1013

It would appreciate feedback if anybody else who has upgraded to the 0.92 Firmware has similar problem (or can test for this problem).

Cheers,

Marc
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:38 am

DDME-Marc wrote: It looks to be related to flow rate calculation errors in the firmware because when reducing flow via the manual control panel of the Repetier-Host by one or two percent (setting at 99~98%) the stepper motors start missing steps (in a big way), and then freezes up the printer all together.

Dreide discussed similar issues earlier this year, but I am not aware of any resolution for his post.

http://forum.felixprinters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1013
Yes, I think this is directly related to my earlier post and it is a bug. I still use 0.91 (the last official release version, BTW), so I cannot tell for sure, but try changing line 176 in motion.cpp from
------> Printer::extrudeMultiplyError -= axis_diff[E_AXIS];
to
------> Printer::extrudeMultiplyError -= p->delta[E_AXIS];

I also reported this to Repetier.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design