updating firmware

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
DDME-Marc

Re: updating firmware

Post by DDME-Marc » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi Dreide,

Thank you for your comments.

I was reading several discussions in GitHub forums trying to get my head around the multiplier programming and found a thread discussing similar thinking earlier. I certainly agree with the author qx1147 that Felix style of direct drive extruder coupled with a small nozzle provides no scope (or minimal at least) for any margin of error in the compensation calculations :

https://github.com/repetier/Repetier-Fi ... issues/299

Needless to say I put my crash test dummy helmet on and uploaded a modified Firmware with line 176 modified exactly as we have discussed.

I can report that all went well on a dry run. During the dry run I was able to increase and decrease flow rate percentage with no skipping issues.

I will re-run the same print that I ran today in the morning so I can compare extruder performance back to back.

No problem in providing an update on my test, however as you have mentioned it would be nice to see a resolution come through directly from Repetier.

Cheers,

Marc
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *

DDME-Marc

Post by DDME-Marc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:50 am

Hi Dreide,

I finished running back to back comparison today using the modified 0.92 firmware and I can thankfully report I completed the run without errors.

The new part completed using modified firmware (has the small hole in the right boss closed over) has achieved the same surface finish quality and dimensional size as I achieved with 0.91.

I now have a high degree of confidence using the modified 0.92 firmware, with the added bonus of retaining the thermistor and heater malfunction detection.

Cheers,

Marc
Attachments
0-92_modified.jpg
Felix 3.0 Dual Head * E3D Titan V6 * Repetier-Host V2.1.3 * Repetier-Firmware 0.92.9 (01/08/17 - Modified) * KISSlicer Pro - 1.6.3 * Arduino 1.8.5 *