New (old) slicer discovered: Repsnapper

Discussions about firmware/slicing software, tweaks and settings
Legion 2.3

New (old) slicer discovered: Repsnapper

Post by Legion 2.3 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Dear community

I´ve discovered a slicing software I´ve never heard of before: Repsnapper: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Science-CA ... pper.shtml

I can neither find any homepage from the developer nor much information about this software, so I just gave it a try and downloaded it.
When you follow the link, you can find some screenshots of the software. The UI is quite basic, straight from Microsoft Visual Studio.

I got curious because Repsnapper offers some interesting features and a lot of options, for example arc-Code for really smooth arcs (not a series of lines) and an interesting infill pattern.

The program seems to have problems with larger stl-files, so I tried a small one.
The results are "interesting" :)
Repsnapper test.zip
(666.57 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
Repsnapper test gco.JPG
G-code Preview from S3D
The layer code itself doesn´t seem to be so bad and the Infill looks cool, but the tool seems to crash into the already printed model, so I won´t try to print it. Maybe some further investigations of the options will solve this problem :idea:

What do you think? Anybody heard of this software before? Anybody knows who made it?

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

killejano

Post by killejano » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am

Looks just like Simplify-3d. Someone copied it?

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22 pm

killejano wrote:Looks just like Simplify-3d. Someone copied it?
Legion 2.3 used Simplify3D just for previewing the G-code output of Repsnapper.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design