Tec 4 printer profiles Repetier-Host for MacOS and/or Linux

janwijbrand

Tec 4 printer profiles Repetier-Host for MacOS and/or Linux

Post by janwijbrand » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi,

I just received my upgrade from the Felix 3.1 to 4 Tec. I'm excited to get started! I'm currently gathering all the manuals etc. to get going on the upgrade. I also wanted to make sure I'm using the latest printer profiles for the Tec 4. To my surprise however I only found a Windows executable file for Repetier-Host in the downloads area of the Felix Printers website.

Do you also have profile files available somewhere for using MacOS and/or Linux?
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:03 pm

Replying to my own post after having had a reply to an support issue I filed with Felixprinters: Repetier-Host for MacOS and Linux are (currently) not provided by Felixprinters (which, frankly speaking, is a bit sad from my point of view). However Felixprinters did provide me with a link to the CuraEngine profiles for the Tec 4. I hope they will put them in the download area for others to find as well.

In the end I didn't use them; CuraEngine is as far as I can tell somewhat outdated and I opted for setting up a Slic3r (Prusa-edition) profile instead. For this I could use the CuraEngine profile's settings, but also the Simplify3D settings that are present in the Benchy gcode file that is available from the download area. Both contain enough information to create a fairly detailed "translation" into a Slic3r profile. I'll put this profile up on GitHub after a bit more testing.

To be very honest - I find the software-side of things a bit lacking from Felixprinters. I would've liked a bit more support and responsiveness. It seems Simplify3D is preferred now by Felixprinters (whatever happened to FelixBuider I don't know, which is also a bit weird as I did pay for it initially). But since Simplify3D does not provide a trial version I'm a bit reluctant to shell out another 150 euros. Slic3r profiles or perhaps even a Cura profile (yes, I realize it is their competitor) would've have showed the "openness" of their printer concept.

OK, sorry for my rant here, I happy I seem to have a working setup now with Slic3r.

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:45 pm

My first set of working Slic3r configuration for the Tec 4:

https://github.com/janwijbrand/FelixTec ... n-profiles

kerog

Post by kerog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:43 am

I'm about to post info on using Cura 3.2.1 with the Tec 4 in the general section...