FELIXprinters Forum

Welcome to the FELIXprinters community. A great place to share your 3D printing experience and get the most out of your 3D printer.

I've figured out how to set up Cura 3.2.1 for my Tec 4 Dual, and also with a Mosaic Palette+.

Zip file is enclosed. To install the files, on the Mac go to the Applications folder and ctrl-click on the Cura application and select "Show Package Contents". Navigate to the resources folder. The felixtec4.def.json and felixtec4_palette.def.json files go in the definitions folder, the son files with numbers before .def (e.g. felixtec4_palette1.def.json) go in the extruders folder, the STL goes in the meshes folder, and the .35 and .50 files go in the variants folder.

On Windows the equivalent folders can be found under C:Program Files
When you restart Cura after placing these files, you should see the two printer options available in the "Other" section.

Why Cura? I also have Simplify3D, and find that Cura does better with fine detail and has some options that Simplify3D lacks. Simplify3D, on the other hand, still has layer-based profile switching, custom supports, and a few features that Cura lacks. Which I use depends on the circumstances.
Felix Tec4 Printer Files for Cura 3.2.1
(44.86 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
I just updated the profile I loaded on GitHub with better starting g-code. Basically, the process I followed was to edit a .json file in the resources/definitions folder with the settings I pulled off of the Simplify3D profile. The mapping is usually pretty clear. The Pro probably has somewhat different starting g-code settings. I could make a profile for the pro, but wouldn't be able to test it as I don't have one. But if you are still interested, I could whip one together in a few minutes and post it here. If you then test it out and verify that it works, I could put it on GitHub for inclusion in future versions.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]