Setting up Cura 3.2.1 for Tec 4 (Dual and Palette+ versions)

kerog

Setting up Cura 3.2.1 for Tec 4 (Dual and Palette+ versions)

Post by kerog » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:04 am

I've figured out how to set up Cura 3.2.1 for my Tec 4 Dual, and also with a Mosaic Palette+.

Zip file is enclosed. To install the files, on the Mac go to the Applications folder and ctrl-click on the Cura application and select "Show Package Contents". Navigate to the resources folder. The felixtec4.def.json and felixtec4_palette.def.json files go in the definitions folder, the son files with numbers before .def (e.g. felixtec4_palette1.def.json) go in the extruders folder, the STL goes in the meshes folder, and the .35 and .50 files go in the variants folder.

On Windows the equivalent folders can be found under C:Program Files
When you restart Cura after placing these files, you should see the two printer options available in the "Other" section.

Why Cura? I also have Simplify3D, and find that Cura does better with fine detail and has some options that Simplify3D lacks. Simplify3D, on the other hand, still has layer-based profile switching, custom supports, and a few features that Cura lacks. Which I use depends on the circumstances.
FelixTec4CuraFiles.zip
Felix Tec4 Printer Files for Cura 3.2.1
(44.86 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Late reply, I know, thanks for these profiles. I'll try'em!
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

janwijbrand

Post by janwijbrand » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Actually.... your profiles are now included with Cura 3.4.1! Good work!
Felix 3.1 single extruder, soon to be Tec 4 dual

Pannekoek

Post by Pannekoek » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:36 am

I have the PRO2 Touch and want to use Cura because I have started with Fusion360.
Fusion have a direct link to Cura. I have tried the settings of the TEC4 on the PRO2. But this does not work.
Can somebody tell me how to change the settings of the TEC4 to the PRO2?

Pannekoek

Post by Pannekoek » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:38 am

What is the Palette+?

kerog

Post by kerog » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:39 pm

I just updated the profile I loaded on GitHub with better starting g-code. Basically, the process I followed was to edit a .json file in the resources/definitions folder with the settings I pulled off of the Simplify3D profile. The mapping is usually pretty clear. The Pro probably has somewhat different starting g-code settings. I could make a profile for the pro, but wouldn't be able to test it as I don't have one. But if you are still interested, I could whip one together in a few minutes and post it here. If you then test it out and verify that it works, I could put it on GitHub for inclusion in future versions.