Felix Pro 2 Z-calibration issue

General discussions regarding hardware
In2motionDK

Felix Pro 2 Z-calibration issue

Post by In2motionDK » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:47 pm

I just bought my Felix Pro 2, and the first thing I did was follow the manual, do a bed calibration found on the SD card, and I then printet a dual Benchy. It was great :-)
Pretty much since then I have not been able to do a print without a specific problem.
Every time I start a print, the nozzle seems way to close to the bed, it will rub the nozzle close to the bed and do some clicking noises. Often just move to a side and say filament jam.

I tried to run the calibration again a lot of times, but nothing seems to work. The calibration runs, I can hear the bed being adjusted, but when I hit print it's the same issue. Actually the bed calibration will adjust the bed over and over, if I run it several times.

I am using Simplify3D to create gcode files and downloaded the newest .fff file.
On the first print, the dual Benchy, there was one small issue. the first layer of filament (text at the bottom) was not really close enough to the bed, but I did not think more of it. The rest was fine.

If I run the Dual Benchy from the SD card again, it's the same issue with the right extruder, the text will not stick to the bed, because it's a bit of in the Z-direction. But when the left hotends starts, it's the same isssue. The hotend is way to close to the bed, as if the calibration didn't work.

What am I doing wrong here???

Peter

In2motionDK

Post by In2motionDK » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:42 am

Ok, so I kind of solved the problem. Well didn't solve it, but worked my way around it.
In my profiles in Simplify3D I added a Z-offset of 0.04 mm, and that seems to do the trick.
The right Extruder will get an offset of -0.01 mm, that should do the trick on that one then.

Still not happy about having to do something like that on a printer in that price-range.

Best regards
Peter

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 am

Hello Peter,

Using workarounds is not the way it should be to get a normal print. Can you send an email to our support department to get the issue resolved asap? Also please include your simplify3D profile and gcode.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Bjorn Pasteuning

Post by Bjorn Pasteuning » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 am

Is there any way how to calibrate only extruder 2?

I am using the Formide cloud to slice our projects, and want to keep using that due the simplicity of this for our employees.

Extruder 1 is performing fine, but when Extruder 2 is used the nozzle is way to close to the bed..
I can not find any adjustment in the menu of the touch to correct this manually.

The provided Extruder Calibration option is not sufficient enough, because it calibrates extruder 2 off over and over again.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:59 am

If you do the z-height calibration via the touchscreen interface, do you see that it is physically touching/probing the bed with the 2nd nozzle? Also please make sure all filament is removed from the extruders, to rule out any influence from the filament.

Bjorn Pasteuning

Post by Bjorn Pasteuning » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes, it touches the bed,
And correct, I have calibrated it with no filament, and oozed out the nozzles before entering the calibration.

I even tested this with a piece of paper to check if the "press" force is the same as with Extruder 1, and both have the same strength.

It looks as extruder 2 is always 100 microns closer to the bed.

gfeliksdal
Site Admin

Post by gfeliksdal » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Ah ok, that means that one of the extruders has a lot of friction before triggered. Can you inspect if you feel a big difference in triggering force? Also please take out the hot-end and make sure the discs which are on top of the extruders are properly fastened.