Firmware version each Felix printer model?

Discussions about the electronics
hoolito

Firmware version each Felix printer model?

Post by hoolito » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi,

I was doing some overdue maintenance on my printer.
Could anyone please tell me which is the latest firmware release for my Felix 2.0 (no upgrades). I have currently Marlin V1 RC2 installed.

On the downloads section of the website there is a directory "Firmware" with 3 files in it (one FW for -I think- Felix 1.5 and 2 for Felix 3.0). Then you have a subdirectory "Old" with a whole bunch of stuff.
I find this very confusing...

I suggest that there should be one directory per printer model with only the current latest FW version and, if needed, a subdirectory "Outdated" (or "Old") with the superseded versions.

Thanks!
Julian
Felix 2.0

hoolito

Post by hoolito » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi all,

Can someone with a Felix 2.0 otherwise tell me if they are using a FW version higher than Marlin 1.0 RC2?

Greetz,
Julian
Felix 2.0

hoolito

Post by hoolito » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Guillaume & co,

It is a pity that with so many views sometimes nobody can help.
I'm grateful you provide this space as a forum, but I think some moderation form your side would be nice. (I know I'm not the first that needs to be overly patient for help)
Nothing fancy, just someone with access to your knowhow crawling the forum an hour a day and helping out.
I'm sure it would be a very welcome move to provide support for the users and enhance your brand value.

Best!
Julian
Felix 2.0

Dreide

Post by Dreide » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:40 pm

hoolito wrote: I'm grateful you provide this space as a forum, but I think some moderation form your side would be nice. (I know I'm not the first that needs to be overly patient for help)
Nothing fancy, just someone with access to your knowhow crawling the forum an hour a day and helping out.
I'm sure it would be a very welcome move to provide support for the users and enhance your brand value.
Although I second that, you usually get help more easily if you post your question in the right forum, "Software/Firmware" in this case.
Regarding your question, felixprinters has switched from Marlin to Repetier firmware some time ago and you can use the 3.0-SINGLE firmware for your 2.0 printer. Or you stick with "never change a running system" and leave everything as it is.
Felix 2.0->3.0dual * Repetier (host+firmware) * KISSlicer Pro, Simplify3D * Cubify Design

hoolito

Post by hoolito » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 am

Thanks, you're advice is sound but I am of the type "Live hard and print twice" :lol:

Seriously, posting a question about firmware outside of the "Firmware" subforum seems (is) dumb, I give you that. But hey, I still got 70+ views :-)
In the end, rearranging threads of "dumb" users is the job of the moderator ;)

Cheers!
Felix 2.0