FELIXprinters Forum

Welcome to the FELIXprinters community. A great place to share your 3D printing experience and get the most out of your 3D printer.

This is for general discussions. Also FAQ can be found here.

Moderator: speedake95

By kerog
I have to say I was skeptical of the 3.1 upgrade. The new plastic parts look very similar to the originals, and I already had the springs. However, after using it for a while, I really like it. The new extruder gear seems to help a lot with clogging. In particular, I have found that I am able to print reliably (using the 0.5mm nozzle) with both laybrick and ColorFabb WoodFill. Before the upgrade, I couldn't get either of these to print well.

Also, the screw-based adjustment for the second extruder relative height works quite well, and takes a lot of the fiddliness out of dual extrusion. The extruder mounts also fit together much more snugly now, which helps when swapping extruders. I have to admit I did not bother with the replacement parts for the bed mount, as I haven't had any issues with belt rubbing.

I did note that the set screws fastening the extruder gears to the motor shafts became loose surprisingly quickly; I retightened using Lock-Tite and am now good to go.

The one thing I haven't liked so much is the new z axis end stop adjustment device. I prefer the one by GGY in the Hacks forum, which does basically the same thing.

Overall, though, very pleased with the results. I believe the upgrade has significantly improved my printing reliability.
By vicoz2009
Hi, great review. Can you please elaborate on how to calibrate the second nozzle with the screw? I can't seem to get it right and seems not really do much when i turn it (tight or loosen)

Thanks
Vic
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]